Attorney Mark Elliott focuses his practice on employee rights and civil rights advocacy. He is dedicated to delivering professional legal services with an empathetic and committed approach. He knows that clients experiencing discrimination, being denied labor/employee rights, or simply seeking equal opportunity under the law are entrusting him with their faith and confidence during what may be one of the most important and trying moments in their lives.
Mark previously focused his practice exclusively on employer-side representation, including employment and discrimination matters. His experience has given him valuable insight into how employers deal with and view employee complaints and grievances and the legal strategies and tactics they engage in. Mark has multi-jurisdictional experience and maintains a license to practice law in both Washington, D.C. and Florida.
Mark began his career after law school in the federal government as a law clerk with the General Counsel of the U.S. Department of Energy. Thereafter, Mark joined the Executive Office of D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty as a Special Assistant to the Mayor's General Counsel. Mark capped-off his career with the D.C. Government as an Assistant General Counsel for an agency whose mandate included the operation of the District's only public, safety-net hospital.
Originally from New England, Mark and his partner lived in Washington, D.C. for many years before relocating to Florida. In addition to his passion for the law, he contributes to the community as Vice President of the Board for the Acquisition Trust of the Orlando Museum of Art, as Vice President of the Board of the Central Florida Gay and Lesbian Law Association, and as a member of the Federal Club of the Human Rights Campaign.
- Employee Rights and Discrimination
- Civil Rights and Discrimination
- LGBTQ Rights and Discrimination
- Gender Identity and Expression Rights and Discrimination
- Health Care, Information Privacy, and HIPAA
- W. Michigan University, Cooley Law School, J.D. (Lansing, MI)
- University of Maryland, B.A. (College Park, MD)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Washington, D.C. Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Central Florida Gay and Lesbian Law Association
- National Employment Law Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law